Feb 21, 2008

Earthquake!

Holy cow. . did anyone else feel that earthquake this morning? 7:15. It seriously scared me. The kids said it felt like we were back on the ship. My hanging lantern chandelier that hangs over my dining room was really swinging back and forth. What is that, the third or fourth small quake in the last six months around here? Tell me what you think? Do you think that a big one's getting closer? It makes me nervous. Hopefully we're all prepared. How's your 72-hour kit?

8 comments:

Tiffany Joy said...

That was my exact thought when I felt it. I thought, "It's coming! The big one is seriously coming!" I got scared because I am nowhere near prepared, but it sure whipped my butt in shape to get prepared..

Heidi said...

I totally felt it too! At first i was nervous and then I thought to myself "Is this what it feels like to be drunk?" Then I called Joe he was driving, so of course he didn't believe me. My blinds in the front room were swinging back and forth it was cool.

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I was actually in bed and my California King size bed flt like someone was ricking it. I listened to the news and it was an aftershock from Wells NV. They had a 6.3 earthquake, and they said there were two others in the world today. Kind of scary.

amber said...

I must have the most well built house in town, because I didn't feel a thing! Neither did my kids! We were all up getting ready for school, and I had no idea there was an earthquake until about 9 when my aunt called to see if I was watching it on the news.

Our Newman 6 said...

Didn't feel it. But Shelby did, grandma had just dropped her off and she was getting into her locker, she said the locker door was shaking she wasn't sure what it was until one of the teachers came into the hall and asked if she felt anything moving and said it must of been a small earthquake. SCARY! If it is going to happen I just want my family home with me and not at school. I need to get my butt in gear and get more prepared. We don't have any water stored and that is something they said on the news to be sure and have. Thanks for the invite.

Katie B said...

I didn't feel it, we are in St. George.... but we heard and watched it on the news. Dad says that these little ones release the "pressure" and take away from the "big one".... but I don't know if he knows what he's talking about. He usually does though. I feel like I would be pretty prepared for something like that, but not for weeks. Just a few days to a week. After that I would be getting nervous.

Kristy said...

I can't believe that we are missing all the earthquake fun! :) I am really jealous of your family trip. I wish I would've gotten an invite, but that's cool...I understand. ;) Hope things are going well for you guys! Miss you all!

TiffaniS said...

Yes, I felt it, but when I told Layne our house was shaking, he was brushing his teeth with his sonicare so he couldn't feel anything else. He told me it was probably just gas. RUDE! Anyway, he called me from work and said, "guess what, it wasn't gas, it was really an earthquake!" I'm with Janiece, I just pray my kids are home and not away. STRESS!