Last Thursday, R&R graduated from the D.A.R.E. program. I hope they soaked it in. I hope it was effective. I hope they learned from the experience. I hope I don't ever have to deal with one of my babes having a drug problem. It seemed like a good program. We talked about things they were learning. We talked about things that can happen. We talked about things that HAVE happened. Some people have to learn by doing. . I hope they don't.
Following the graduation, we walked around the fifth grade classrooms to look at the reports that the students had done on the states of America. The kids had done a really good job on their posters. It was obvious which ones were actually done more by the parents, but overall, most of the kids had done their own assignments. I love seeing my kids learning things that I remember doing in school. I loved doing state reports. Each of my boys did two states. . extra credit?? I helped them type the reports, but they each did their own research, writing, collecting pictures and postcards, and putting the poster together. I was actually really impressed with the end result. All four of the posters turned out nicely. (South Carolina & Pennsylvania; Florida & Alabama) Nice job guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment