B's birthday was a month ago. For his birthday, he wanted to go to a motocross. But since his Birthday, there hasn't been a motocross event on a weekend that Shane had off, and what boy wants to go to a motocross with just his mom? So when we finally saw this weekend's motocross advertised on the tv, we got online and bought tickets.
We had a great night.. just the four of us: Bryant & his buddy Mick, me & Shane. On the way down to ESA, we stopped at B's choice for dinner: Iggy's Sports Grill. When we got to the ESA, I think the boys both thought we were going to watch the motocross racing because they were surprised there was no dirt on the arena floor. So we explained what Freestyle Motocross meant. Then at the beginning of the event, the motorcycles all came out to get warmed up, and on that very first jump, both boys were big EYES, big SMILES, and "WHOOAA!" I'm pretty confident they thought it was awesome!! They are definitely BOYS! There were several motorcycles competing in the freestyle jumps, a few local BMX bike jumpers, AND a snowmobile did a few freestyle jumps too! That was pretty cool.. we'd never seen that before!
I hope the boys had a great time.. we sure did. I don't know if it was more fun watching the action or the boys faces everytime one of those guys would do a daring new trick! I just worry that we've scarred their little spirits a bit.. we seemed to be sitting in the "B**bs and Beer" section. Maybe THEY didn't notice. (hoping)
No comments:
Post a Comment