Apr 24, 2010

Dance Extreme 2010

What a FUN dance competition!! It was held at the Logan Rec Center.. and Macy competed in this one last year. Maybe it made all the difference. She was comfortable, enthusiastic, and excited! She performed her dance really well & smiled at the judges the whole time. She even threw in a few facial expressions. She did so well, and I am so proud of her.. she worked hard through the whole dance.

She was #15 to perform, so we had a little break before the awards ceremony. Just she and I went to Mandarin Gardens and had a little tiny-spicy chicken while we waited. It was nice to have a little one-on-one time because we don't get that very often. She's so fun!

When it was time for the announcement of the awards in her category, my belly got butterflies. I don't know why, but I do that every time. I think I get more nervous than she does. They announced second runner-up.. not her. First runner-up was Mayci.... Felt.. not her either! I looked at Leslie (another dancing mom friend), and said, "Does that mean she got Queen?". Duh! I was so excited! I looked at Tawnie (her dance instructor), and we exchanged BIG smiles because we were both so excited!! She got Queen! What a fun night.. I think Macy and I will always remember this competition.. where she got Queen for the first time!

To top the night off, Shane had balloons waiting for M in her room that said "Way to Go!" What a sweet Daddy!

No comments: