Nov 1, 2005

trick or treat

Yesterday was an absolute TREAT! I spent most of the day at school with my boys. I dropped Bryant off at preschool, then went to the elementary school. I helped get crafts ready for Rusty & Riley's classes (spiders made with Oreos); then at lunch time, I helped do some games for the whole school with the PTA; after lunch, I helped in my boys' classes put the spiders together. Both their teachers were dressed as witches, made "juice" for the students in their cauldrons with worms, green punch, and dry ice. The kids thought it was sooo cool. Then the whole school did a costume parade. It was my first time being a part of that. In first grade, Rusty was sick on Halloween. In second grade, we were in S. Carolina for the costume parade. It takes a long time for the whole school to do it, but the kids love it. Fun for the parents, too.




Last night we took the kids to the trunk or treat. Macy was extremely excited. She kept jumping up and down and saying how cute she looked. She did look cute as a garden fairy. We put glitter in her hair and on her cheeks. The boys had already been dressed up on Sat night because they went to a Halloween party, so they weren't near as excited as her. The sure filled their buckets right up at the trunk or treat. When we got home last night, Roger and Chad came to the door dressed up with masks and old suits on. They were covered up and the kids couldn't tell who they were. Roger started acting like he was going to take their candy, and Bryant got mad. He told them to go do their own trick-or-treating. He was a little scared, too. It was funny!


I've got a few projects to get busy on. I shouldn't be sitting here at the computer. I need to do a scouting book for a neighbor, several scrapbooking projects for MemoryWorks, and my weekly cleaning assignment. I haven't finished last weeks cleaning project yet. I better get busy.

No comments: