Jan 26, 2008

birthday season. . .

. . is officially over!
I have had a lot of questions about all our birthdays being in December and January, and the answer is YES! The Newman Birthday Season officially opens Dec 13 and goes through Jan 22. I know it sounds crazy, but other than being a little busy, we love it. We purchase birthday gifts right along with Christmas gifts (using our Christmas account, of course), and just make sure a few of the gifts get put into the closet for birthdays. We didn't actually plan for this, it just worked out this way. My birthday is in Dec, and Shane's is in Jan. R & R were actually due on Valentine's Day, but since they were born five weeks early, that put them into Jan. B came next and was born in Dec, and then M another Jan baby. (maybe we're only fertile a couple of months out of the year) So, if I ever get myself a mother's ring, it will not be really colorful, but the stones will all look very nice together. When my family was here for M's birthday party, someone made a comment, "I'm sure glad that your kids birthdays are over for the year." I bet they get sick of coming out here every couple of weeks for a birthday party in the snowy weather.

3 comments:

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

That totally makes me laugh. My kids were due July and August and the doctor laughed and made a funny comment like that. Kolton cam 2 weeks early, but same concept might apply. Of course fertile isn't a word we can even say in our house. I wish our birthdays were easier like that.

Tiffany Joy said...

This post makes me sad. Birthdays are the greatest day of the year. I'm sad they are over for you.

Heather said...

It is funny how it works that way. Both my boys are in April. I actually had the same due date with them. Laramie's is on the 11th and Bridger's is on the 10th. I was adamant that the dr. induce me on a different day with Bridger so they would have seperate b-days. Now I'm wondering if that was such a good idea.(2 cakes in 2 days?) Afton is in Aug. and Sheridan in Sept. I wanted to go early with Sheridan so I had 2 girls in Aug. to match 2 boys in Apr. but the dr. wouldn't let me. Guess it was better to let her be healthy when she was born! he he