Apr 4, 2009

{Dance Extreme}


M has been practicing so hard on her solo dance routine the past couple of weeks, and she finally had her first competition Friday night. She was great! I was more nervous than her throughout the day, but when it got down to a couple of numbers before her, her nerves kicked in. I was sitting in the corner that she was going to walk in from talking with her, and when I told her I was going to go sit by dad so I could watch her, she got tears in her eyes and said, "I'm scared." When I gave her a hug and tried to reassure her that she would do fine, she wiped her eyes and smeared the little bit of mascara that she had on her eyes. I nearly panicked. I quickly did the mother "lick of the fingers" and wiped the smudges off. I reminded her to smile at the judges, show off her dance, and do the best she could. . and we (the whole family including Grandma Jean and Aunt Janet) would be cheering for her. When they announced her name, she walked out on the floor with a big smile, and didn't even flinch when her brothers hollered, "Go Macy!" Isn't that the cutest thing. . older brothers cheering for their sister at a dance competition! That's support!

She did better than I expected for her first time. She danced to Elvis' Jailhouse Rock, and she rocked it. She remembered to smile, and she looked at the judges MOST of the time. The judges all wrote really great comments on the judging sheets. . and they thought she was "stinkin' cute". She needs to do a little work on keeping her toes pointed and work on her ambidexterity. There was only one point separating 1st, 2nd, and 3rd attendant. 1st and 2nd were tied in total points, so they went off the execution points. M was 3rd attendant. Not too shabby for the first time! Good job Sis! Now she has some things to work on before the next competition.

Tawnie choreographed the routine, and she was really good the way she worked with M. Macy adores her. Why wouldn't she? Thanks Tawnie for all your hard work!

Here are a couple of the cute little friends that M has made at dancing.
Makayla was in the same division as M for the solo routine. . she got 2nd attendant. She is a bubbly little girl with soooo much energy. She's always having fun!

Cambria was in the intermediate division for their age group. She got queen last year, so she had to move up to that division. She's a good little dancer. She must work hard. Tawnie taught all three of these girls, and did an excellent job. What a great role model for three little girls. I'm sure grateful to have such a great example for my daughter to look up to.

Saturday was the team competition, and I got to see M's dance routine for the first time. . they danced to Mama Mia, and it was CUTE! The dance fit their little personalities so well! I think I have a little dancer. .

No comments: