R & R have spent the entire week at Camp, and the scouts invited the rest of the families to meet them at Hyrum State Park yesterday, and to go up to their camp near Hardware Ranch for dinner and an awards ceremony last night. It was a great way for them to show us some of things they had been doing all week and to get the younger brothers excited to become scouts.
Hyrum was fun. . the boys said the water was cold. B & M had a good time hanging out and playing with the other kids. Bryant enjoyed riding the tube behind the boat. . thanks for helping him out Stets! I didn't attempt the water myself, just enjoyed relaxing in the shade and enjoying the company.
The camp. . looked like a scout camp. An exciting place for a whole bunch of boys. Tents in the trees, a nice little creek, the remains of muddy tire tracks, campfire, and a rope bridge. The boys were very excited to show us the rope bridge they'd made. . and even more excited to let everyone try to cross. I was busy taking pictures, so I didn't take the opportunity. . but it did look fun.
The campfire ceremony was nice. It's cool to see the leadership & responsibility that the boys take on when the leaders show them what's expected and then take a step back and let them lead. It was nice to listen to the award that each boy received and the reasons for them, the good that each boy found at camp, and the things that they thought could be improved upon. I especially found the "bear story" to be quite humorous. My boys are always trying to play jokes or scare other people, so the fact that this time they were scared enough to nearly pee their pants is something they deserved. What a great practical joke. . and something for them to think about. What if there really would have been a bear in the camp?! he, he.
I appreciate the great leaders, the examples that they are, and the sacrifices they make to enrich my boys lives. My boys are so lucky to be a part of such an awesome group of boys. They have made memories that will last forever. . and hopefully they have learned lessons that will help them to be responsible, caring, trustworthy adults. That's all a mother can hope for, right?
1 comment:
I can't beleive that they are that old already. I was looking at pictures the other day, and seen a picture of me and the twins playing in the water @ your guys house. I think that the twins were a little younger than Colter. Time flies!!!!!
Post a Comment