Nov 5, 2009

Take 10 min. .

watch this video of a segment from Studio 5 yesterday. I get very concerned that things like Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, texting etc. is getting out of control. While I do agree that they can be both fun and very helpful at times, they have an opposite side to them. Like everything in this world, it is up to us, as individuals, to use self-control and recognize when we are channeling too much of our energies in a direction that is not healthy for our marriages and our families. WE have to recognize when things are out of balance. Families are suffering. Marriages are suffering. I see it all around me. Maybe you do too. This segment hit me.. like a brick! I've already seen one family near me split apart because things got out of control. It is up to US!

Please take a few minutes, click HERE, and watch the helpful segment. If it helps just one family that we care about, it will be worth it!

Do we spend more time in front of the screen than we do with the ones we truly love and have made commitments to? Are there others who need us more that the ones we "chat" with electronically? How long has it been since you picked up the phone and actually called a friend instead of just sending a message electronically? We must be HONEST with ourselves. Is how we're spending our time worth the people or things we're not spending our time on? Think about it. . .

4 comments:

TiffaniS said...

I have thought about this a lot for some time now (months). I worry also and have to remind myself often to be careful about the time I spend on the computer. For me it isn't time spent chatting with "old flames", but simply time that I'm not communicating with and giving my attention to Layne & the kids or having real conversations with friends & family. Not to mention time I could be strengthening my testimony by studying. There was a really good article on on-line gaming in the Aug. 2009 issue of the Ensign. On-line gaming isn't an issue for me...I've never done it, however, Elder Ballard gave some really good insights on how important it is to not waste the days of our probation. It got me thinking. This technology can all be a blessing, however, it can also be a strong tool for the adversary. Thanks for sharing this post Angie. You're always a good example to me.

Chris and Cali said...

I watched this show yesterday....It really get ya thinking! I am thankful for my family and the love I have for my husband!

All About Us said...

I also have been thinking the same for a long time. I don't spend all my time on the competer, but I do catch myself sometimes, and it has been to long. My kids don't give me the chance to be on for along time so they keep me from it. which is a good thing. love it thanks for the reminder

Arlene said...

You ladies are so awesome...I just disconnected myself from facebook just 2 days ago because I realized I was spending too much time and concern on what was going on there. I'm am getting more accomplished now of things that are more important. Thanks for always being a good example to me!!