Nov 25, 2010

A (different) Thanksgiving..


It was different from what we're used to. It was our turn to be with my family this year. The problem was that most of my famiy was gone this year. Even Grandpa A. had gone to South Carolina with Aunt Kathy. I offered our house for dinner; so it was the six of us, Grandma Jean, Uncle Woody and Aunt Janet, and Mishay. She's here going to BYU, and we're so glad she didn't go home for Thanksgiving. We're happy to have her with us. She even stayed here to make gingerbread houses with us after dinner.


The dinner was even a little different for me. Because of some changes I've made in my diet (more on that later), I had to be more careful about what I put on my plate. I even attempted to make a "healthier" banana cream pie just for me. It was actually pretty darn tasty!

What I learned though, is that even if the food and the number of people are different from what you're used to, Thanksgiving is still about being with people that you love, and being grateful for the people and blessings that you do have or have had in your life! And we are truly blessed!

No comments: