Because moms are such a support and help to the boys in earning their Webelos badge (and all others), their new cub master, Sherri, required that they give their mom a kiss for all the help they received. My boys weren't really thrilled with the idea. . but what made it even worse is that they had to do it several times because they were too quick, and the camera couldn't catch the photo. (in front of their friends. . how embarassing. he, he)
I finally had to grab them both by the back of the neck and MAKE them kiss me long enough to get a picture. . little stinkers!!
On another note, I started the lemonade fast/master cleanse with Tiff today. The salt water I had to drink this morning was the worst part. . the lemonade (with cayenne pepper) burns my throat going down. . but other than that, it's not been too bad. The herbal tea that I have to drink each night, smells like alfalfa. . do I eat hay??? We've committed to five days. . but we'll go longer if we feel like we can. I hope this is good for my body. . I want some energy.
Shane is in Texas this week. He left on Tuesday morning. . traveled most of the day, and then Wednesday and Thursday (today) had classes most of the day. His plane flies in to Salt Lake City tonight at 11:20 pm, so he should be home really late tonight (or really, really early tomorrow morning). I'll hopefully be asleep. . but I can't wait for him to get home!
Sep 27, 2007
cubs.
My boys received their Webelos badges tonight at Pack Meeting. They've really worked hard and finished up a lot of activity badges to that they could earn the Webelos badge. It's been about three months since we've had a Pack night because of changes of the cub master, etc. so Rusty and Riley each received a long list of awards. I was a cub scout leader for seven years, most of them being the Webelos leader. I got called to that position when Rusty and Riley were just potty training. . the were two years old. They grew up going to den meetings with me, and they just couldn't wait until they were old enough to be cub scouts. Now they're Webelos, and in January, they'll be done with cubs and move on to Boy Scouts. . where does the time go? I only got to have them as my cub scouts for about 4 months. I was the Bear leader when they became Bears, and then four months later, I got called to be the Young Women president. Watching and helping them earn their Webelos badge sure makes me miss being the Webelos leader. . it was a lot of fun. Sometimes I think I relate better to boys. . maybe that's why God gave me three of my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please frame that pictures of your boys kissing you. I love it so much!
Post a Comment