It was BAD. (WARNING!: if you don't want gory details, skip this part) I didn't look at it in the beginning before we left for the hospital, but Shane said it was a gaping hole. There was fatty tissue hanging out. By the time we got to the hospital, the muscle was already working to repair itself, and it was swolen and pushed together and up out of the hole. You can kind of see the fatty tissue in the second picture.
Needless to say, I didn't make it to the fireside. . I felt needed more by my baby girl. She was anything BUT a baby, though. . she was a tough little nut. The only time she started crying at the hospital was when I took a picture of the wound before they got it fixed. She didn't want me taking pictures of it. So I waited on the rest of the pictures until she said it was okay. The doc and the nurse were both very cute with her and babied her as much as they could. They sent her home with a paint book, some crayons, and some stickers which made that smile even bigger! We feel so blessed that the post hit her in just the right spot. If it had hit her in the spine or even in the head, it could have done some very serious damage. The weird thing is, the post didn't even rip her shirt. The shirt kind of protected the wound from the rust and dirt that was covering the post. . she's one lucky little girl!
Oh, and B did feel really bad. When we got home from the hospital, he was waiting on the back porch. . and as quick as we could open the truck doors, he said, "Sorry Macy." Poor little guy. . he was probably worried about her the whole time.
10 comments:
Oh-Man! So sorry! Don't you just hate seeing your kids hurting?! Poor Macy!
(I deleted my 1st comment because I spelled Macy's name with an e. duh!)
Poor Girl! She is a tough little nut. She has to be, right? Isn't that just how it has to be having three older brothers? I'm so glad it wasn't worse. Good battle wound Macy..
Woo Hoo! Go Macy! Show those boys how it's done!
Sorry about the owie... but man that will be a good story you can hang over your brother's head for years! :D
My little bro Jake has a little scar above one of his eyebrows that he blames me for.... I just tell him it was his mouth that got him in trouble! :D
oh, why was Shane too sick for church but not to sick for a family BBQ?
Nasty! Poor thing. Nothing like daddy's little girl getting hurt! Any excuse to love them....
oh no!!! i bet bryant felt just as bad as macy.....poor things!! Tell her we said hi and to get better!
What a blessing that rusty thing didn't go through her shirt! So glad she's doing better.
Poor little Macy!
I'm glad that she is ok. How are things going with school this year? It's been awhile since we've chatted! I miss you!
(That last comment was from me--Katie Ward. I don't know why it posted with my gmail account.)
Post a Comment