Dec 1, 2007

Arrow of Light.

R & R received their Arrow of Light award Thursday night at Pack Meeting. Since I am a fellow Den Mother, I couldn't be more proud. There are a lot of requirements that boys must do to earn this award, and if you have a boy that has done this before, you know what I mean. It takes a little encouragement from the parents. But I am proud to say, however, that they do love going to cub scouts, they love doing the projects, and I haven't had to do much pushing. They've always been eager to try all the things in their scout books. I hope they stay this enthusiastic in Boy Scouts.

The whole Pack Night was really awesome for them. The lights were dimmed, and their Cub Master was decked out in her indian attire. She did a really cool presentation and awarded them with their certificate, badge, and an arrow with feathers as she told them what each colored feather stood for. (I hope they remember this part, because I don't. . but I could sure look it up) After she presented them with their awards, she had some special guests go to the front, Bear who sings in the morning and Sweet Water Woman. . indians from a local tribe. Bear who sings in the morning gave a little speech on gratitude that was really awesome. (I hope the boys were all listening) And after his short speech, the indians taught all the kids an indian game.

R & R were very happy to have received the award, and I was very happy that Shane was off work and able to be there. It was an exciting evening for all of us. I'm so proud of my little Webelos! I love it when they reach goals like this and get to feel such a great sense of accomplishment! Nice job, boys!!

1 comment:

Tiffany Joy said...

That looked like a neat night. I should have asked you more about it. I didn't realize how extensive it was. anyway, vroom vroom