We have finally put up our Nativity. We read the story from the scriptures, and set up each piece as it came up in the story. We also have a "Christmas stories" binder that we put together for Enrichment Night a couple of years ago that has the Nativity story in it, and we used it too. We were supposed to get it all set up at the beginning of December, but for different reasons, we kept letting it get pushed aside. . the stable sat empty. In church last week, one of the speakers said something that hit me hard. This isn't word for word, but it went something like this: "Sometimes we let ourselves get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday that we forget to take the time for the real reason for Christmas." Immediately I thought of that empty little stable. I had gotten so caught up in the many things that I thought NEEDED to be done, that I hadn't taken the time to reflect on the Savior's birth with my children. Shame on me. . and thank you to the speaker that gave me the much needed reminder.
Dec 20, 2007
nativity.
We have finally put up our Nativity. We read the story from the scriptures, and set up each piece as it came up in the story. We also have a "Christmas stories" binder that we put together for Enrichment Night a couple of years ago that has the Nativity story in it, and we used it too. We were supposed to get it all set up at the beginning of December, but for different reasons, we kept letting it get pushed aside. . the stable sat empty. In church last week, one of the speakers said something that hit me hard. This isn't word for word, but it went something like this: "Sometimes we let ourselves get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holiday that we forget to take the time for the real reason for Christmas." Immediately I thought of that empty little stable. I had gotten so caught up in the many things that I thought NEEDED to be done, that I hadn't taken the time to reflect on the Savior's birth with my children. Shame on me. . and thank you to the speaker that gave me the much needed reminder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment