Aug 28, 2009

{Fair Parade}


This year was a little different.. me and B and Grandma Jean got to watch the parade together and gather candy while M danced and our "Pooper Scoopers" scooped poop.

R & R's scout troop got asked to be "Pooper Scoopers" this year, and Shane got asked (maybe volunteered) to help. At first he wasn't really excited about it, but when he got to drive this "sweet ride".. he was thrilled at the idea. I think he had more fun driving for the scoopers than he has ever had just watching the parade. And they were all good sports, in my opinion, for doing this really poopy job that no one wants to do.

M's dance group did a really great job dancing. Their costumes were so cute on the little girls. Their music was really exciting, and their dance was really fun to watch (and practice). It was a really warm day, and by the end of the parade I'm sure the girls were exhausted! We sat one block from the end of the parade, and by the time M was in front of us her poor little face was red. When I got to the end of the parade to pick her up she just kept asking for a drink and telling me how thirsty she was.. poor little thing is learning endurance.

I love the parade, and have fond memories of dancing in the parade myself. When I got old enough for High School and quit taking dancing, then I was in the parade for FFA.. riding tractors or lawn mowers. And when the parade was over, we always got to go out to the fair to ride rides and meet up with friends.. and we got to wear our new school clothes! I miss those days.. getting to wear my new school clothes to the fair.. and riding those old rides without getting sick. Aww.. the disadvantages of growing up.

1 comment:

TiffaniS said...

Great times...and such good memories! I love that our kids have the opportunity to do the things we loved so much as kids!