B has a program this week with his class at school called "Hats off to America". They're supposed to wear a hat of someone who serves or has served our country. He chose to ask his Great-Grandpa Macfarlane because he served in the Korean War. During the program, the teachers will be showing a slide show of the kids with their American Heroes.. so we got this picture of B with Great-Grandpa Mac. While we were there visiting, we heard many stories about the experiences Grandpa had, including why he was given the medal that he has framed in the picture. I wish I had taken my video camera in to video him while he was sharing those stories. I'm definitely planning that for another visit!
Edited after the program: It was a very touching program. The teachers and students did a fantastic job singing and putting it all together! Great job B.. you make us so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment