Mar 23, 2010

{March Madness 2010}

warm weather + sunshine + baseball + pool (in March) = St. George
We love the March Madness baseball tournament in St. George. The weather here is usually still a little cool, and we get to go down there and get ourselves geared up for another baseball season. This year both B's team and R & R's team were playing in the tournament, so it meant that we had to split up on Thursday because the Bears played their two games in Mesquite and the Cubs played theirs in Ivins. Luckily though, on Friday they played at the same park with all their games just 30 min. off from each other on two adjacent fields. So my mom, Macy and I sat between the two fields and just kinda hopped back and forth watching the four games.
The weather didn't cooperate very well on Thursday evening. The wind was really blowing, stirring up the dust from the fields and making the temps pretty chilly. It rained a little in Mesquite. Friday's weather was better. Sunny and warm enough to get a little t-shirt tan.. until the breeze would blow, and then we'd have to throw the jackets back on. I could have taken a little warmer temps, but I'm sure it was just fine for the players.
Neither team did as well as we had hoped, but I think they do just fine for not having practiced outside much. It's early in the season, and our kids had mostly just practiced inside the gyms except one or two practices because the fields were still snowy and wet. The teams from the southern end of the state get an earlier practice season, and that gives them a little bit of an advantage. (excuses, excuses)
Regardless of the outcome, I still have a great time watching those games, and it gets my blood pumping for the baseball season! And my body LOVES the vitamin D that it hasn't been getting from that sunshine for a few months. Happiness!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for the invite to macy's dance competition you realize i go there everyday right?

Alisha said...

Yea I'm so excited to start spring ball!!!

Our Newman 6 said...

BTW THANK YOU THANK YOU AGAIN for letting Mick Tag along with your family he had LOTSA FUN!!!