Oct 3, 2007

young women.

Last night as a joint young women activity, we took the girls to the corn maze. I had a lot of fun, and I thought the girls were too. But apparently, two of them were not having enough fun. When I finished the maze and got out of the corn, two of our young women (under 16) had left to go to a party!! Who does that??! I have done a lot of crazy things in my life, but I don't think I ever would have gone somewhere with my YW leaders, and then just left without telling them to go to a party! I was furious! I was responsible for those two girls, and now I had to call their parents and let them know that I would not be able to bring them home, because they were no longer with me! Now that things have been worked out, I realize that I was not only mad at them because of the disregard that they had for us leaders, but I was also worried about the choices that they are making. I want them to be good and make good choices. . I disagree (obviously) with the choice that they made last night. Here are some pictures of a few of the youth (and leaders hiding in the corn).



And this last photo is sweet, innocent Shayell who was looking for someone to make-out with her in the corn. . I guess she found someone. (he actually had his hand over her mouth). We'll be displaying this picture at YW in Excellence night, Shayell.



One more thing. . look at this invitation I made all by myself in Photoshop. Carol asked me to come up with an invitation for her, and gave me a CD of some photos of Mitch. I really like how it turned out. I haven't dabbled in digital scrapbooking for a long time. I took an online class about a year and a half ago, but I haven't done much of anything since then. I'm really proud of myself that I remembered how to do these things. If I had kept playing with Photoshop, this project probably would have only taken an hour, but it actually took me about two and a half. It may look simple, but I really had to work for it. I am pleased with how it turned out, and I hope that Mitch and his family like it.



1 comment:

Tiffany Joy said...

Yes! That one of Chris hiding is hilarious! Oh I miss the girls, but I'm glad you had fun. I really love that thing of Mitch. It's very classy. Thanks for updating your blog!