Nov 21, 2007

armor yourself.

FHE Monday night was a great one. . Rusty found the lesson and got it ready all by himself. I print the lessons that get emailed to me from LDS Living every Monday and put them in a binder. He found one about the Armor of God, and he did an awesome job! We read about it in Ephesians 6 and D&C 27, and he showed us a catcher's helmet and sunglasses and asked us how they protect us. Then, we each built a different piece of armor for Macy out of cardboard and tinfoil. The kids had a lot of fun.

Here's Macy in all her armor. .

After the lesson, Macy was in charge of the activity, and she's been waiting to do her activity for several weeks. She learned it in Primary. It was a star with four points that were different ways we worship. On each of the different points it said: sacrament, listen, sing, and pray. She put the star in a paper bag, and everyone took a turn pulling out the star. Whichever point you were holding on to the star from was what you had to give an answer for. Like, "name something you should think about during the sacrament," "who is someone we can listen to," "name a song we can sing," and "when or where can we pray". . as we worship. She felt so good about herself as she passed the bag around and listened to everyone's answers. And I was a proud mom as I watched my kids gain confidence and help our family learn about the gospel.



Before we had FHE, I had been cleaning the dining room part of the day. . and when the kids got home from school, I asked for someone to climb up on top of the bookshelf, and vacuum the dust off of that little area up there. Riley volunteered, and I got a picture of him with the vacuum up there cleaning.





Everybody pitched in and helped me finish up. . Shane even cleaned my crappy old blinds for me. I can't wait to get new ones. . the strings on these have been clipped by some scissor-happy kids, and they're all bent up from too many kids playing around. I'll just be happy with them for a little while longer, though. . the Disney Cruise is only two and a half months away. . I think we're gonna need all the funds we have for that!!


Yesterday, I also got the hallway cleaned, and today, I'm hoping to have enough time to deep clean the bathroom. So incase you're keeping track. . I now have a clean family room, kitchen, dining room, & hallway. . deep cleaned (walls, light fixtures, windows, furniture, etc.) in just three short weeks. Yay!!


Here's a HAPPY ME!!!!

I've got to go make some rolls now. . that's my assignment for dinner at Shane's grandma's house tomorrow. Where will you be for Thanksgiving? and what do you have to make? Wherever you are, have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: