Nov 7, 2007

sick kids.

Oooh. . I wish kids couldn't get sick. M stayed home from school yesterday. . she threw up at breakfast. . not exactly AT breakfast, but during. She had a rough day. At about 1 o'clock Ri called from school telling us that B was sick. . so Shane went to the school and picked him up. When he came home, he was pale and looked sick. . never did throw up. (You're lovin' these details aren't ya?) We had a dinner meeting at the coppermill for Nucor, and when we got home M was asleep on the floor. . she had been sleeping the whole time we were gone. B, on the other hand, was fine.

So this morning I sent B to school, but kept M home again. She still had dark circles under her eyes when she woke up. I was supposed to substitute for colaboration AND the lunch clerk today, so I called the school and told them I wouldn't be there for colaboration, but I'd see how M felt later. . maybe I'd be there for lunch. After breakfast, M started looking a lot better. . she said she felt better, too. So we got ready and went to school for the lunch clerk. . problem is, I couldn't get into the computer to input all the breakfast/lunch information. I don't know if the server was down, the passwords she left me were incorrect, or it's just me. So I didn't get anything input. I'm subbing Thurs & Fri, so I hope I can get in and catch up tomorrow.

Also. . last night when Shane and I went to the dinner meetings, the YM/YW were doing a service project canning food storage for members of the ward. I skipped out on it and felt really GUILTY! When we got back, I called the YM Pres and he said they were all done. . they had run out of cans. But they had a good turn-out, they had fun, and things went really well. Good. Some of the leaders met again tonight to finish up the stuff that they didn't have enough cans for. I went and helped tonight, and it was fun. . I bet they had a lot of fun last night.

Shane and I didn't get to vote either. . oops. It was all my fault. I wasn't ready to go in the morning. . I was cleaning my kitchen. . deep cleaning. . the tops of my cupboards. I couldn't quit until I was finished. I didn't get in the shower until the afternoon when I was getting ready to go to the Coppermill. I was hoping the polls didn't close until 9 pm. . so we hurried back. . nope, they close at 8 pm. . so obviously 8:20 was too late. I was glad to hear on the news that things I wanted to vote for turned out the way I had hoped.

Since I missed yesterday, here are six things I'm thankful for:

1. to live in America, and have a vote on important things.
2. to work with such amazing leaders in the YM/YW programs.
3. my husband has a good job.
4. I have a choice of whether I go to work or not.
5. repentance.
6. the atonement.

No comments: