Nov 3, 2007

bridal shower.

I went to a bridal shower today for my cousin Nicole. Bridal showers always make me want to get married again so that I can get all new stuff. . I get so jealous at all the good stuff that new brides get. She got a variety of really nice things for a new married couple. . cooking stuff, bathroom stuff, home decor, honeymoon goods (nice). Don't get me wrong. . there's NO WAY I'm getting rid of my husband to get a new one, but I think we should get new things like that after we've been married a while. Shouldn't we be throwing each other showers every 15 years?? That should be our award for staying married since it's seems to be such a rare thing anymore. . every 15 years you get new stuff. . sounds like a good idea to me!!

Update on the vampire series. . I've finished New Moon. Just tonight. I've made a deal with myself that I won't start reading Eclipse until I've caught up on some projects and cleaning around the house. . these books just suck me in and won't let go until I'm finished. I think they're so good. If you haven't read them yet, I know you're thinking we're all a bunch of crazy people. . I wasn't going to read a book about a vampire either. But seriously. . these books are good. . you've got to read Twilight to see what it's all about. Then make your judgement. I haven't been this sucked into a good book since "The Work and the Glory" series. . 10 years ago. So now I'm focusing on catching up around here so I can read Eclipse.

Things I'm thankful for today:

1. my marriage.
2. a great (big) extended family. . always very helpful.
3. my healthy body.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Tiffany Joy said...

I'm thankful that I am the only one who has not been sucked into Twilight.