Holy Cow.. these falls were absolutely gorgeous!! On the way home, we decided to take the Mesa Falls Byway for a little more scenic action. What a great decision! Even after just seeing Yellowstone, we were super-impressed with how beautiful these falls really were. And there's a walkway that allows you to walk right up on top of the falls and get a great look at how awesome they really are. The upper falls were my favorite because of just how close you are to them. Can you see the kids in the picture below? It kind of gives you a perspective of how wide the falls are across.
The kids and I loved being out over the falls looking down at how far the water was falling..
Shane on the other hand, didn't love it so much. See the kids laughing in the next picture?? Shane was almost freaking out because I asked him to stand out on the platform to get a picture with the kids.. funny. :)
The walls of the canyon opposite the falls were covered in greenery growing from the mist.. beautiful.
These are the lower falls. We had to see these from a farther distance.. but still they were beautiful.
Great trip. Relaxing and beautiful ride home. I can't believe I've never been this way before. Making our way back to I-15, we drove through Ashton, Idaho. Very reminiscent. Aspen Acres. A memory from my childhood that I must share sometime. I have pictures too. Looking forward to that entry. :)
1 comment:
I completely get what Shane was going through! My heart races when I am on that platform. Especially if my kids are with me! (My heart is beating faster now just thinking about it...STRESS!)
Post a Comment