May 23, 2008

graduation & dance review

It was a BIG day for M. She graduated from Kindergarten AND had her final dance performance for the year. . she was beautiful at both!

My baby. . graduating. That's the last Kindergarten graduation I'll be attending as a proud mom. Am I sad? maybe a little. But I'm very excited too. . everyone is growing up and going through different stages of life. It's so exciting to witness the changes of each of my children and the directions that they choose to go. I feel so blessed to have four of the little gems. Some days I wish I had a couple more. . other days I'm glad I've just got the four of them. They keep us pretty busy.

So my little princess was on the front row for the graduation program, and she sang her little heart out. She's quite a performer. I'm just glad she remembered to keep her knees together in her dress. whew! They always sing the cutest songs at graduation, but this year they didn't sing the one I always look forward to. . something about grown-ups picking on their own kids but being so nice to company. I love that song mostly because it's so true. When one of the kids spills their milk, I get mad and make them clean it up, but if grandma comes over and spills her drink I just say, "it's okay", and clean it up for her. . that song's my favorite. he, he. All of my boys sang it at their graduation, but this year they didn't sing it. They did sing many other cute songs though. (I can't think of them off the top of my head.)

M did very well in Kindergarten, and she loved her teacher, Mrs. Vance. I love her too. Rusty and Bryant both had Mrs. Vance, and she has been such a great teacher to all of them. She does so much for the kids. She is a great person with a big heart, and we will miss her. . thank you Mrs. Vance!

M did well at the dance review, too. She was a little lazy on the jazz dance that she's been doing so well on at the competitions, but I think it's because they've been working so hard at learning their ballet dance and the finale. She loved the ballet I think mostly because they got to use long ribbons and swing them around while they were dancing. At the end of the night, the girls all changed into white clothing and danced in the dark with the black lights on so they GLOWED in the dark. M thought that was way COOL! It's nice (for me) to be finished with dancing now until the parade. . not as much running around for practices, YEAH!! I'm really proud of M, though, and the way that she picked up the dancing. . she loves it. She even asked someone to teach her a solo this summer so she'll be ready for next year. . we'll see. Way to go sister! Keep up the hard work!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

she is so cute!! sometimes I wish boo was that little again. She is going through some pretty fun times too though, I guess to everything there is a season. WE better enjoy them all we can....

TiffaniS said...

She is so darn cute! I love her confidence and go get-em attitude!

The Doutre Family said...

What a big girl! She looks so cute! Now just wait until she's a teenager... I bet that will be fun!

Scrappy Girl said...

Found you while blog surfing during some downtime. We have 4 kids also...I don't know if I could handle anymore either. I am exhausted at the end of the day.