May 31, 2008

school's out!!

That last week of school was a busy one.
. Tuesday the 5th graders played the faculty in a softball game.
. Kindergarten assessments. . twice. We actually missed the first appointment on Tuesday because I got so involved taking photos at the softball game. So we had to reschedule and come back on Thursday.
. Baseball games in Roy on Tuesday.
. Fifth graders had a pool party at the Nat, and a BBQ in the gym on Wednesday. It was part of their reading incentive for the year. Rusty procrastinated getting all of his books read, and had to work hard to get his last one finished for the pool party. He finished it last weekend, but when he went back to school he had misplaced his chart, so he didn't get to go to the pool party. Luckily he had checked off enough books for the BBQ so he didn't have to miss that. Macy and I went and helped the teachers for the BBQ by cooking hamburgers and getting the chips, buns, and things ready.
. YW Presidency Mtg and mutual on Wednesday evening.
. Took the kids to lunch at the pie dump on Thursday. It's a little tradition that we started a few years ago. I take the kids to lunch with Suzy, Willie, and Aunt Carol. I think we started it when Carol started working at North Park.
. Kids had a water party at school on Thursday.
. All the boys had baseball practice Thursday evening.
. Friday, we went to the annual awards assembly for the last day of school. All of my kids passed. They're all moving on to the next grade level.

These photos are some from after the student/faculty softball game. .



Next year. . it's just me at home all day. . yippee!! I don't want to rush my kids growing up. . I'm trying to enjoy the moment and stage that each of them are in. But life is looking up. Rusty and Riley are growing into young men. They're becoming more responsible and actually aware of the consequences of their actions. They're really good help with things around the house, too. And they're old enough that they're actually pretty fun to just hang out with. I have to enjoy that before they become bratty teenagers that don't want to hang out with their parents. .

Macy and Bryant are moving on to first and second grade. . remember when Rusty and Riley were going there? It won't be long, and all four of them will be out of grade school. This is a great stage in life, hu? No diapers and sippy cups. . no really smart teenagers. Can't they just stay this age forever? Or at least just for the next ten years, and then just become immediate adults? That would be ideal. . to skip the teenage years. But since I don't think that will be happening, I'll just enjoy the now and brace myself for the future. . I can only try my best, right? And I hope that's good enough.

The boys with their teachers on the last day of school:

Mrs. Stuart, Mrs. Stevenson, and Mrs. Kimball. . all three are excellent teachers each in their own way! Thank you teachers!!

No comments: