We met at the church at 5:30 pm, and it was cloudy, but no rain. So we picked out our darling bright-orange vests, grabbed the bright orange garbage bags, and split into small groups to get to work. Just as we started picking up trash, it started pouring rain. . then it hailed. . then it rained some more. . and more. . and MORE! We stuck to the job, and when we were done, we were drenched. . and muddy! But you know what? It was kinda fun. And we'll never forget THAT clean-up. (I just hope nobody gets sick.)
May 8, 2008
wet and muddy cleanup..
Our ward clean-up was last night, and the YM/YW always get the job of cleaning up the main highway. Since it had already rained and was a little cold, I just kept hoping for enough rain to cancel the clean-up all day. No such luck.

We met at the church at 5:30 pm, and it was cloudy, but no rain. So we picked out our darling bright-orange vests, grabbed the bright orange garbage bags, and split into small groups to get to work. Just as we started picking up trash, it started pouring rain. . then it hailed. . then it rained some more. . and more. . and MORE! We stuck to the job, and when we were done, we were drenched. . and muddy! But you know what? It was kinda fun. And we'll never forget THAT clean-up. (I just hope nobody gets sick.)
We met at the church at 5:30 pm, and it was cloudy, but no rain. So we picked out our darling bright-orange vests, grabbed the bright orange garbage bags, and split into small groups to get to work. Just as we started picking up trash, it started pouring rain. . then it hailed. . then it rained some more. . and more. . and MORE! We stuck to the job, and when we were done, we were drenched. . and muddy! But you know what? It was kinda fun. And we'll never forget THAT clean-up. (I just hope nobody gets sick.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It was fun! Afterall, we did find some Jolly Ranchers!
I noticed some of the young men out my door. You are reall troopers.
Looks like fun!! How was baseball weekend? I wish we could have met up. Maybe in Idaho Falls.
How come we didn't find any treats on our stretch of road, east of LeRoy Firths?
Wow! It's about freakin time you posted something! You think you've been busy or something? :0)
I am way impressed you picked up trash in the rain.
I really do not enjoy soccer season, so I am happy for you that it is over!
Way to go R&R on the mile.... good luck to Riley on the re-try. Maybe his mom should run with him?
I loved the first grade field trip with Kassie last year. I actually had fun on that one too! Glad B injoyed it.
I mean Enjoyed it.
(I really wish they would let us edit our own comments)
I must still be picking up more trash in that picture.... What great fun. The hamburger tasted extra yummy afterwards. It's been a loooong time since I did anything that crazy!
thats funny! my mom told me all about that when she got home! she was soaked! i'm not kidding, soaked!
Post a Comment