May 7, 2008

mile run..


It was the mile run at North Park today. It is the final trial for the Presidential Fitness award. B couldn't get the shuttle run done in a quick enough time, so he didn't qualify for the mile run, but R & R both ran. It was a wet one. The fifth graders ran first, and I stayed until the second graders finished, and then I took the kids over to the Pie Dump for a donut. It was pouring rain the whole time we were at the dump. Most of the school had stayed at the high school to watch the mile run, so most of them were soaking wet. The school even allowed the kids to call home for parents to bring them dry clothes. It was crazy. Rusty finished earlier than his time, but Riley got a really bad side ache, and his asthma was bothering him. . he was about twenty seconds short. His teachers told him today that he was going to get a second chance. I don't know when that will be, but we better get the kid healthy and ready to rUN!

No comments: